Dustin Johnson Wins Third WGC Title at WGC Bridgestone Invitational
Johnson Now Sits Atop The FedExCup Standings
Back on Tour after claiming his first Major championship at the U.S. Open, Dustin Johnson gamed his same winning TaylorMade metalwoods, irons, wedges and ball in the same custom red, white and blue Tour staff bag for his second win in three weeks, lifting him to #2 in the OWGR.
What You Need To Know:
· Johnson didn’t need to make any significant changes to his winning bag. This week he opted to be built a new 54° Tour Preferred Chrome EF wedge in the same specs to benefit from the added spin of fresh grooves.
· Johnson’s win is the 10th this year for TaylorMade's M drivers and 7th in the last 8 weeks (also: Day, Garcia, McGirt, Berger, Johnson and Hurley).
· Johnson plays a 10.5* M1 driver (set to 11*) with a Fujikura Speeder Evolution 2.0 Tour Spec 661X. He has both weights centered (neutral position).
· Johnson's M1 fairway is a 16.5* HL with both weights toward the toe to help to hit the fade he plays with the majority of his shots.
· Johnson leads the PGA TOUR with 10 top-10 finishes this season.
· DJ’s third-round score of 66 was his best third-round score during this PGA TOUR season.
· Johnson's win marks the 9th win for the TOUR360 Boost footwear.
In Johnson's Bag at WGC Bridgestone Invitational:
• M1 Driver / 10.5* / Fujikura Speeder Evolution 2.0 Tour Spec 661X / 45.75" / D4 swingweight
• M1 Fairway / 17* / Aldila RIP Alpha 90X
• UDI (#2) / Project X HZRDUS Black 105X
• Tour Preferred MB ('14) 3-PW / True Temper DG Tour Issue X100
• Tour Preferred EF Satin Chrome Wedges (54 & 60 degrees) / KBS Tour 130X Black Nickel
• Tour Preferred X ('14) Golf Ball (#1: in aspiration of one-putting every hole)
Dustin Johnson wears adidas Golf apparel and footwear:
· TOUR360 Boost footwear featuring full-length BOOST™ cushioning, an improved 360WRAP, and a dual-density 10-cleat puremotion® TPU outsole.
· adidas Golf Climacool gradient polo which utilizes climacool® technology for zonal cooling
· adidas Golf ultimate pant featuring a stretch waistband with silicone gripper, moisture-wicking and water resistant stretch fabrication.
Download PDFDownload PDF
ABOUT TAYLORMADE GOLF
About TaylorMade Golf Company
Headquartered in Carlsbad, California, TaylorMade Golf Company sells golf equipment, footwear, apparel and accessories under the TaylorMade, adidas Golf, Adams and Ashworth brands. TaylorMade Golf Company posted 2014 sales of €913 million.
About the adidas Group
The adidas Group is one of the global leaders within the sporting goods industry, offering a broad range of products around the core brands: adidas, Reebok, TaylorMade and Reebok-CCM Hockey. Headquartered in Herzogenaurach, Germany, the Group has more than 55,000 employees and generated sales of EUR 17 billion.