Team TaylorMade's Justin Rose Mounts Improbable Comeback to Capture WGC-HSBC Champions
Powered by a bag filled with TaylorMade clubs and golf ball, Rose cards final round 67 to erase 8-shot deficit, matches the third-largest comeback victory in PGA TOUR history.
What You Need To Know:
- Rose's victory is the 29th on worldwide tours for TaylorMade's new '17 drivers, far outpacing the next closest manufacturer.
- This was the ninth win this season for the new TP5/TP5X ball. Dustin Johnson, Si-Woo Kim, Jon Rahm and Xander Schauffele have also won this year with the new golf ball.
- The win is Rose’s eighth victory on the PGA TOUR.
- The eight-stroke deficit to claim victory is a career-best for Rose and a World Golf Championships record.
- Rose plays a combo set with a P790 4-iron and 5-PW in the P730 "Rose Proto". His shafts are KBS Tour C-Taper 125S+
- Rose's victory is his second World Golf Championships win for Rose, who also won the 2012 Mexico Championship
For more on Justin Rose, visit the Tour page at TaylorMade Golf.com.
Justin Rose's WiTB at the HSBC-Champions:
- M1 2017 Driver / 9.5* / TPT
- M2 2016 Fairway / 15* / MCA Tensei CK Pro Orange 80TX
- M1 2016 Fairway / 19* / MCA Tensei CK Pro Orange 80TX
- P790 (4 iron) / KBS Tour C-Taper 125S+
- P-730 “Rose Proto” / 5-PW/ KBS Tour C-Taper 125S+
- Milled Grind Wedges / 52-09, 56-12 & 60-10) / KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 135X
- TP Red Ardmore 2, double-bend hosel
Download PDFDownload PDF
ABOUT TAYLORMADE GOLF
About TaylorMade Golf Company
Headquartered in Carlsbad, California, TaylorMade Golf Company sells golf equipment, footwear, apparel and accessories under the TaylorMade, adidas Golf, Adams and Ashworth brands. TaylorMade Golf Company posted 2014 sales of €913 million.
About the adidas Group
The adidas Group is one of the global leaders within the sporting goods industry, offering a broad range of products around the core brands: adidas, Reebok, TaylorMade and Reebok-CCM Hockey. Headquartered in Herzogenaurach, Germany, the Group has more than 55,000 employees and generated sales of EUR 17 billion.