Jon Rahm Captures 2nd PGA TOUR Victory; 2nd Win in 3 Weeks for TaylorMade's New M4 Driver with Twist Face Technology
Win Continues 23-Year Old Rahm's Rapid Rise up the Official World Golf Ranking to #2, Giving TaylorMade #1 & #2
TaylorMade's Jon Rahm picked up right where he left off in 2017 with a playoff victory at the Career Builder Challenge in La Quinta. Relying on a full 14-club bag of TaylorMade equipment, the Spaniard - who has now risen to #2 in the Official World Golf Ranking - carded 27 birdies set up by superb driving with his new M4 driver and brilliant ball striking in windy conditions.
"Twist Face, that driver was straight as can be today, and none of them were hit in the center of the face to be honest." Jon Rahm, following his playoff victory & 2nd PGA TOUR title
What You Need to Know:-
- Rahm’s victory is his second PGA Tour win and his fourth on global tours in the last 12 months.
- Rahm added a new M4 driver (9.5°) set to standard after testing with TaylorMade's Tour staff. For the week, Rahm averaged 310 yards off the tee and found 71.43% of fairways.
- In addition to his M4 driver, Rahm also added a new M3 fairway to the bag
- In addition to his P750 irons, Rahm added a P790 3-iron to the bag in place of his 5 wood, a change he made just this week for the tournament. He joins Dustin Johnson, Justin Rose and Rory McIlroy as players who have added at least one P790 iron to their bags.
- TaylorMade’s 2018 M Drivers featuring Twist Face Technology now have victories in 2 of the last 3 tournaments, with Rahm joining TaylorMade stablemate Dustin Johnson as tournament champions.
- In addition to his distance and accuracy off the tee, Rahm carded 27 birdies or better with his Spider Tour putter, which he's had in the bag since this same tournament last year.
- Rahm’s past three starts include a win in Dubai, a runner-up finish in Kapalua and now a win at the Career Builder.
- Rahm now moves up to No.2 in the Official World Golf Rankings, giving TaylorMade #1, #2, #6 & #11 in the world.
- Rahm heads to the site of his first PGA TOUR victory, Torrey Pines for the Farmers Insurance Open.
Jon Rahm's Winning Bag at the Career Builder Challenge:
M4 Driver | 9.5° | Aldila Tour Green 75TX
M3 Fairway | 19° | Aldila Tour Green 75TX
P790 3-Iron | True Temper Project X 6.5
P750 Irons | 4-PW | True Temper Project X 6.5
Milled Grind Wedges | 52° & 56° & Hi-Toe 60° | Temper Project X 6.5
Spider Tour Red Putter
TP5X Golf Ball (#10)
For more information on Rahm or any of TaylorMade's Tour staffers, visit www.taylormadegolf.com. For all other requests, please contact the TaylorMade Communications team.
Download PDFDownload PDF
ABOUT TAYLORMADE GOLF
About TaylorMade Golf Company
Headquartered in Carlsbad, California, TaylorMade Golf Company sells golf equipment, footwear, apparel and accessories under the TaylorMade, adidas Golf, Adams and Ashworth brands. TaylorMade Golf Company posted 2014 sales of €913 million.
About the adidas Group
The adidas Group is one of the global leaders within the sporting goods industry, offering a broad range of products around the core brands: adidas, Reebok, TaylorMade and Reebok-CCM Hockey. Headquartered in Herzogenaurach, Germany, the Group has more than 55,000 employees and generated sales of EUR 17 billion.