Jason Day Claims Farmers Insurance Open; 4th Global Win in 4 Weeks for TaylorMade's New M Drivers with Twist Face Technology
What You Need to Know:
- After testing with the Tour team in the weeks leading up to the tournament, Jason Day settled on TaylorMade's new M3 driver (10.5° turned down to 9°) with one weight all the way forward and the second, 1" back of neutral. Day loves Twist Face Technology in the M3 because it minimizes the diving hooks he occasionally misses with on high-toe strikes. For the week, he averaged over 321+ yards off the tee.
- TaylorMade’s 2018 M Drivers featuring Twist Face Technology now have victories in 3 of the last 4 PGA tournaments (as well as 1 European Tour event in that timeframe), with Day joining TaylorMade stablemates Dustin Johnson and Jon Rahm as tournament champions on the PGA TOUR.
- Day's victory is his eleventh on the PGA TOUR and fifteenth as a professional.
- Day continues to use the P750 irons, which he first put into play in Kapaula last year. His setup has remain unchanged, using 3-PW with True Temper's Dynamic Gold X7 shafts.
- Day's wedge setup occasionally varies depending on the course setup, but he's gotten comfortable with the 48°/52°/60° combination so far this year.
- Using the Spider Tour Red putter he himself made one of the most popular models on Tour and TaylorMade's most sought-after putter in the lineup, Day carded 21 birdies or better for the tournament.
- Day has praised the performance of the TP5x golf ball since he first put it into play at the Tournament of Champions in Kapalua last year. It's stamped with his tradional kangaroo and #87.
- With the win, Day moves into the early-season top 10 in the FedExCup rankings.
Jason Day's Winning Bag at the Farmers Insurance Open
M3 Driver | 10.5° | TPT Golf Prototype
M1 ('17) Fairway | 15° | TPT Golf Prototype
P750 Irons | 3-PW | TT Dynamic Gold X7
Milled Grind Wedges | 48° w/TT Dynamic Gold X7 and 52° & 60° w/ TT Dynamic Gold S400
Spider Tour Red Putter
TP5X Golf Ball (#87)
For more information on Day or any of TaylorMade Tour staffers' equipment, visit www.taylormadegolf.com. For all other requests, please contact the TaylorMade Communications team.
Download PDFDownload PDF
ABOUT TAYLORMADE GOLF
About TaylorMade Golf Company
Headquartered in Carlsbad, California, TaylorMade Golf Company sells golf equipment, footwear, apparel and accessories under the TaylorMade, adidas Golf, Adams and Ashworth brands. TaylorMade Golf Company posted 2014 sales of €913 million.
About the adidas Group
The adidas Group is one of the global leaders within the sporting goods industry, offering a broad range of products around the core brands: adidas, Reebok, TaylorMade and Reebok-CCM Hockey. Headquartered in Herzogenaurach, Germany, the Group has more than 55,000 employees and generated sales of EUR 17 billion.