Dustin Johnson becomes World No.1 with win at Genesis Open
Playing the all-new 2017 M1 460 driver and TP5X ball, Dustin Johnson extends the PGA TOUR's longest active streak with a win in 10 consecutive seasons.
Dustin Johnson dominated the Genesis Open at Riviera to win by five shots with rounds of 66-66-64-71 for a four round total of 267 to claim his 13th career PGA Tour win.
After playing M1 for most of 2016, Johnson experimented with M2 for a few months at the end of 2016, before finally landing back with the new 2017 M1 460 driver due to the overall performance. The 2017 M1 provided him with 500rpm less spin than his M2 and was going around 8 yards further on Trackman.
Dustin also put the new 2017 M1 3HL Fairway Wood in play this week. It's cut to a 5 wood length i.e. 1" shorter than standard and has 16* loft. With this combo, Dustin carries it 280 yards, which is exactly what he's looking for in a 3 wood - at standard length it was just going too far.
Dustin Johnson and his all-new 2017 M1 3 wood
After switching to the new M1 460 driver this week and the TP5X ball last week, Dustin averaged 321 yards off the tee in R4 at Riviera and gained 1.84 strokes over the field across all four rounds with his Spider putter. Season to date, Dustin is also no.2 in Strokes Gained in "driving distance", "off-the-tee" and "tee-to-green".
What You Need To Know:
- In winning the Genesis Open, Dustin Johnson becomes the new #1 in the World for the first time in his career.
- Dustin played the all-new M1 460 2017 driver for the first time at Riviera.
- Dustin joins Jack & Tiger to be the only player, since 1960, to have won a PGA TOUR event in their first 10 seasons since turning pro.
- Dustin plays the Spider putter - the #1 Putter Model on TOUR at this week's Genesis Open. This was the second consecutive week that Spider was the #1 putter model on PGA TOUR.
- After switching last week at Pebble, Dustin becomes the third player this year to win with the new TP5X/TP5 golf ball.
- TaylorMade won the driver count at the Genesis Open with 69 drivers in play - more than double the nearest competitor.
- This was the third win this season for the new TP5/TP5X ball.
Dustin Johnson "What's in the Bag"
- '17 M1 460 Driver / 10.5* / Fuji Speeder Evolution 661 X Tour Spec 2.0
- '17 M1 3HL Fairway Wood / 16* / HZRDUS T1100
- RSi TP UDI #2 / HZRDUS Black 105 X
- Milled Grind Wedges / 52 & 60 / KBS Black 130 X
- Tour Preferred Glove
- Tour New Era 9Fifty Headwear
- adidas TOUR360 Boost Footwear
- adidas Polo, Outerwear and Pants
Spider was the No.1 putter model at Riviera
Download PDFDownload PDF
ABOUT TAYLORMADE GOLF
About TaylorMade Golf Company
Headquartered in Carlsbad, California, TaylorMade Golf Company sells golf equipment, footwear, apparel and accessories under the TaylorMade, adidas Golf, Adams and Ashworth brands. TaylorMade Golf Company posted 2014 sales of €913 million.
About the adidas Group
The adidas Group is one of the global leaders within the sporting goods industry, offering a broad range of products around the core brands: adidas, Reebok, TaylorMade and Reebok-CCM Hockey. Headquartered in Herzogenaurach, Germany, the Group has more than 55,000 employees and generated sales of EUR 17 billion.