Romain Langasque carded a bogey free 65 in the final round to take victory by two shots ahead of fellow Team TaylorMade Athlete Sami Valimaki.
Romain recently put the all-new P•7MC Irons in the bag following a fitting session at Wentworth. Romain is a feel-based player and when testing new equipment, he talks a lot about sensation. The balance and weight of the club is something that he likes to feel as he can give instant feedback before even hitting the club. Most players have a constant swing weight throughout the set, but he's sensitive to total weight, the outcome of this is that his set has a progressive swing weight. Find out more about his fitting session here.
“For me, P•7MC are right in between P•750 and P•760 which I like. I’m a feel-based player so being able to hit my gamers (P•760) and then the P•7MC's I felt the difference straight away. I look at the ball contact, the trajectory and then Mark can look at the TrackMan and join up my feedback with the numbers. The look of the new irons is great."
What you need to know
- This is Romain's maiden European Tour victory in his 78th event
- Romain will now move into the Top 100 of the OWGR for the second time in his career and secures a place at the US Open
- Maiden victory for TaylorMade's new P•7MC Irons
ROMAIN LANGASQUE WITB
- SIM Driver | 8° | Tensei AV White 65 TX
- SIM Max Fairway | 15° GD XC 7X
- M6 Fairway | 18° | GD VR 8X
- P•760 | 3-4 Iron | Project X 6.5
- P•7MC | 5-PW | Project X 6.5
- Hi Toe Wedge | 52° & 58° | KBS 610 125
- Spider X Navy
- TP5x Golf Ball