Team TaylorMade's Justin Rose Goes Back-to-Back, Claims Turkish Open in Thrilling Finish
Powered by a bag filled with TaylorMade clubs and golf ball, Rose comes from 9 shots back after 36, birdies 72nd hole to claim second title in as many weeks to close gap on Race to Dubai leader.
"[Winning] is like a bus. You wait ages for one and then two turn up at once." Justin Rose, on his back-to-back victories
What You Need To Know:
- Rose's victory is the 30th on worldwide tours for TaylorMade's new '17 drivers, far outpacing the next closest manufacturer.
- This was the tenth win this season for the new TP5/TP5X ball. Dustin Johnson, Si-Woo Kim, Jon Rahm and Xander Schauffele have also won this year with the new golf ball.
- The win is Rose’s tenth victory on the European Tour and elevates him to second in the season-long Race to Dubai standings.
- Rose plays a P Series combo set with a P790 4-iron and 5-PW in the P730 "Rose Proto". His shafts are KBS Tour C-Taper 125S+
- With the win, Rose becomes just the third player to win a WGC event and then then win again the following week.
- Rose now has a Rolex Series title to add to his U.S. Open, Olympic Gold medal and his two WGC wins.
For more on Justin Rose, visit the Tour page at TaylorMade Golf.com.
Justin Rose's WiTB at the Turkish Open:
- M1 2017 Driver / 9.5* / TPT
- M2 2016 Fairway / 15* / MCA Tensei CK Pro Orange 80TX
- M1 2016 Fairway / 19* / MCA Tensei CK Pro Orange 80TX
- P790 (4 iron) / KBS Tour C-Taper 125S+
- P730 “Rose Proto” / 5-PW/ KBS Tour C-Taper 125S+
- Milled Grind Wedges / 52-09, 56-12 & 60-10) / KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 135X
- TP Red Ardmore 2, double-bend hosel
Download PDFDownload PDF
ABOUT TAYLORMADE GOLF
About TaylorMade Golf Company
Headquartered in Carlsbad, California, TaylorMade Golf Company sells golf equipment, footwear, apparel and accessories under the TaylorMade, adidas Golf, Adams and Ashworth brands. TaylorMade Golf Company posted 2014 sales of €913 million.
About the adidas Group
The adidas Group is one of the global leaders within the sporting goods industry, offering a broad range of products around the core brands: adidas, Reebok, TaylorMade and Reebok-CCM Hockey. Headquartered in Herzogenaurach, Germany, the Group has more than 55,000 employees and generated sales of EUR 17 billion.