Gary Woodland wins Phoenix Open; 5th Global Win in as Many Weeks for TaylorMade's New M Drivers with Twist Face Technology
Gary Woodland uses TaylorMade's M3 440 driver featuring TwistFace technology . © Getty Images
What You Need to Know:
- Woodland added a 9° M3 440 driver to the bag just last week at the Farmers Insurance Open at Torrey Pines, where he went on to finish T12.
- Woodland's driver is equipped with an Accra Tour RPG shaft at 44.75", tipped 2" with a D4 swingweight. It's set to lower, with an actual loft of 8.5°. He has one weight pushed all the way forward and the second at 3/4" back on the Y-Track.
- For the week, he averaged 314.1 yards off the tee with a long of 364 on Sunday.
- TaylorMade’s 2018 M Drivers featuring Twist Face Technology now have victories in 4 of the last 5 PGA tournaments (as well as 1 European Tour event in that timeframe), with Woodland joining TaylorMade stablemates Dustin Johnson, Jon Rahm and Jason Day as tournament champions winning with Twist Face on the PGA TOUR.
- Woodland's victory is his 3rd on the PGA TOUR, earning him 500 FedExCup points.
- In addition to his M3 440 driver, Woodland also plays a '17 TaylorMade M2 Tour fairway wood at 15° and a '17 M2 fairway, both equipped with Accra's Tour ZX4100 shafts.
© Getty Images
Woodland's TaylorMade Metalwoods at the Phoenix Open:
M3 440 Driver | 9° | Accra Tour RPG
M2 Tour Fairway | 15° | Accra Tour ZX 4100
M2 Fairway | 18° | Accra Tour ZX 4100
Download PDFDownload PDF
ABOUT TAYLORMADE GOLF
About TaylorMade Golf Company
Headquartered in Carlsbad, California, TaylorMade Golf Company sells golf equipment, footwear, apparel and accessories under the TaylorMade, adidas Golf, Adams and Ashworth brands. TaylorMade Golf Company posted 2014 sales of €913 million.
About the adidas Group
The adidas Group is one of the global leaders within the sporting goods industry, offering a broad range of products around the core brands: adidas, Reebok, TaylorMade and Reebok-CCM Hockey. Headquartered in Herzogenaurach, Germany, the Group has more than 55,000 employees and generated sales of EUR 17 billion.