Si Woo Kim Wins Wyndham Championship with M1 & Tour Preferred X Golf Ball
First Career PGA TOUR Victory Projected to Lift Kim into Top 15 of FedExCup Standings
Following a course and tournament record 60 in Friday's second round, Si Woo Kim kept the momentum rolling at Sedgefield Country Club, continuing his ballstriking clinic from tee to green, closing out the weekend 64- 67 for a 259 total and a 5 shot victory. The win is the 21-year-old South Korean's first PGA TOUR victory and comes in just his 38th start on Tour.
What You Need To Know:
- Kim’s win is the 12th this year for TaylorMade's M drivers, which include Jason Day at THE PLAYERS & Dustin Johnson's thrilling victory at the 116th U.S. Open.
- Kim plays an 8.5* M1 460 with a MRC Diamana Blue S+ 70 shaft, which he used to average over 306 yards off the tee with a 73%+ accuracy this week.
- Kim becomes the 18th player to earn his first victory on Tour at the Wyndham Championship and is the youngest international winner on the PGA TOUR since 1978.
- Kim plays the Tour Preferred X Golf Ball, which has 8 wins on the PGA TOUR this season and is also played by 4 of the top 12 players in the OWGR.
- Kim's second round 60 (aided by a career-high 8 birdies) was both a course and tournament record.
- Kim's 259 total tied the 72-hole tournament record.
In Kim's Bag at the Wyndham Championship:
- M1 460 Driver / 8.5* / Mitsubishi Diamana Blue S+ 70
- M1 Fairway / 14* / Mitsubishi Diamana White D+ 80
- M2 Fairway / 18* / Matrix Speed RULZ 80 C
- Tour Preferred MB ('14) Irons / 3-9 / KBS Tour V
Download PDFDownload PDF
ABOUT TAYLORMADE GOLF
About TaylorMade Golf Company
Headquartered in Carlsbad, California, TaylorMade Golf Company sells golf equipment, footwear, apparel and accessories under the TaylorMade, adidas Golf, Adams and Ashworth brands. TaylorMade Golf Company posted 2014 sales of €913 million.
About the adidas Group
The adidas Group is one of the global leaders within the sporting goods industry, offering a broad range of products around the core brands: adidas, Reebok, TaylorMade and Reebok-CCM Hockey. Headquartered in Herzogenaurach, Germany, the Group has more than 55,000 employees and generated sales of EUR 17 billion.