Darren Fichardt Wins the Joburg Open and Claims the SEVENTH Consecutive Worldwide Tour Win for the TaylorMade M Family
Darren Fichardt birdied the last hole of the shortened 54-hole Joburg Open to claim his fifth European Tour title. Fichardt, playing the all-new 2017 M2 Driver, also secures the SEVENTH consecutive global Tour win TaylorMade Golf's 2017 M Drivers.
Fichardt with his 2017 M2 Driver (Getty Images)
With the All-New 2017 M2 Driver (9.5 Mitsubishi Rayon 70-X) in the bag, Fichardt ranked 7th in driving distance and driving accuracy this week. Since switching into his new Driver in Dubai, Fichardt has gained 5 yards over his previous Driver (2016 M2 Driver) and gained +2 mph in ballspeed.
This Driver doesn't miss! I can be aggressive off the tee whenever I want to - just another fairway hit! Darren Fichardt
With this win:
- This win secures Fichardt entry into the 146th Open Championship at Royal Birkdale.
- TaylorMade was the #1 Driver brand at the Joburg Open, with 42% of the field playing a TaylorMade driver (89 drivers in play versus the nearest competitor with 53).
- Gaming the all-new 2017 M2 Driver, Fichardt secures his 21st win as a professional.
- This win gives Fichardt a European Tour exemption until the end of the 2018 season.
- His fifth European Tour International Schedule victory in his 332nd official European Tour event.
- Victory comes in his 11th appearance in the Joburg Open. (Has played in every Joburg Open since the event began in 2007).
- Becomes the seventh winner to lead or share the lead going into the final round this season.
- Continues with his 100% winning record of winning all five of his European Tour titles when leading or sharing the lead going into the final round.
Download PDFDownload PDF
ABOUT TAYLORMADE GOLF
About TaylorMade Golf Company
Headquartered in Carlsbad, California, TaylorMade Golf Company sells golf equipment, footwear, apparel and accessories under the TaylorMade, adidas Golf, Adams and Ashworth brands. TaylorMade Golf Company posted 2014 sales of €913 million.
About the adidas Group
The adidas Group is one of the global leaders within the sporting goods industry, offering a broad range of products around the core brands: adidas, Reebok, TaylorMade and Reebok-CCM Hockey. Headquartered in Herzogenaurach, Germany, the Group has more than 55,000 employees and generated sales of EUR 17 billion.